This is about the annual release of physician/lab data, dating back to 2012 data.
- The CMS website for data is here.
- A 240-page public comment on the annual data is here.
- Webpage for the solicitation and the comment is here.
- This webpage is cited in 79 Fed Reg 3205 (infra).
- CMS FAQs on the data are here and here.
- These links are at the bottom of the CMS website for data.
- 2014 CMS legal position here.
- Reflects 79 Fed Reg 3205 (1/17/2014) notification here.
- I posted a cloud zip file (>25 mb) of the various documents here.
Thank you for your interest in the Provider Utilization and Payment data. We make every effort to release the provider data at the same time each year however circumstances beyond our control has delayed the typical timeframe of releasing this data. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have an estimated timeframe.
To receive email notifications on future releases, please sign up for the Medicare Provider Data GovDelivery subscription here.
The CMS Medicare Provider Data Team
I very much using data.cms.gov - it is a wonderful resource.
I noted that the Physician and Supplier Database has not been updated into CY2018. (FN1)
It looks like CY2015 may have been released in Feb 2017, and CY2016 and CY2017 in May 2018 and May 2019 respectively. Together, they've had over 200,000 views.
I hope the CY2018 data comes out soon. Is there any word?
Bruce Quinn MD
Bruce Quinn Associates LLC
Retired MAC Medical Director
Los Angeles and San Francisco